Since Oct 29, 2017 “Belavia” changed baggage allowance rules. After that it is possible to carry for Business Class: 2 pieces of baggage weighing up to 32 kg each +12 kg hand luggage. For Economy Class: 1 piece of baggage weighing up to 23 kg + 8 kg hand luggage. The fee for exceeding by weight, by size or by number – €50/$60/£50
New Belavia Baggage Allowance Rules
So, under the new rules from the end of October 2017 free baggage allowance for 1 person are:
- 2 pieces of baggage weighing not more than 32 kilograms each + 12 kilograms of hand luggage (the luggage that the passenger can take to the cabin of the aircraft) in the business class;
- 1 piece of baggage weighing up to 23 kilograms + 8 kilograms of hand luggage (the luggage that the passenger can take to the cabin of the aircraft) in the economy class (also valid for children from 2 to 12 years) ;
- For infants, one piece of luggage weighing up to 10 kilograms + 1 children’s folding stroller is provided, or 1 portable cradle or 1 child car seat.
|Passenger category||Maximum number of pieces||Maximum dimensions for 1 piece (packed)||Maximum weight of 1 piece (packed)||Excess baggage rates:|
|Business Class||2 (check-in baggage)1 (hand luggage)||158 cm in three dimensions in size55x40x20 cm||32 kg each12 kg||50 EUR / 60 USD / 50 GBP|
|Economy Class||1 (check-in baggage)1 (hand luggage)||158 cm in three dimensions in size55x40x20 cm||23 kg8 kg||50 EUR / 60 USD / 50 GBP|
The fee for exceeding by weight, by size or by number – €50 / $60 / £50. This fee does not depend on the direction of the flight and on the number of excess kilograms. In other words, 50 euros fee for the fact of exceeding.
In addition, each passenger can carry one of the following items free of charge:
- 1 handbag or 1 briefcase or 1 backpack or 1 case (bag) with a laptop, camera, video camera or other electronic device (max weight 5 kg, max size 40x30x10 cm);
- one parcel with purchase from Duty Free shop;
- one suit in a suit bag;
- If the passenger of an economy class has two bags of 10 kg, he will be offered to pack it in one bag or he will have to pay 50 euros for the second piece of baggage.
- If the suitcase of an economy class passenger weighs from 24 to 32 kg he will be offered to split his baggage to a check-in baggage (up to 23 kg) and hand luggage (up to 8 kg). Otherwise it will also be necessary to pay 50 euros.
- At the same time, the weight of luggage per family is not added up. Therefore, if the family has packed all the things into one suitcase and its weight exceeds 23 kilograms, then it is necessary to repackage things in several bags or boxes.
According to the airline, new regulations are introduced to unify the rules of transportation.
Don’t forget, from 1st May 2018 on short-haul flights Belavia doesn’t provide food like sandwiches and hot drinks. Only lollipops before take-off and soft drinks during the flight (juices, mors, water) will be provided. So get ready for the flight in advance and take a meal before the flight.